Week in Review June 20: Use It
This week I’m going to focus the WiR on posts that contain some directly applicable information. I’ll sort them out from easiest to use to more advanced things.
These are things you can do yourself, right now. Without paying anyone anything at all.
- Chris Johnson gives a quick tactic on “Getting things Done.” With Merlin Mann as the keynote for Inman Connect this might serve as a good warm up.
- As the regular readers know, I’m very fond of analytics, planning and strategy. I’m also fond of encouraging everyone to “participate in the conversation” of social media. Ines Hegedus-Garcia gives a great example of social media benefits and encourages us all to stop strategizing and start participating in the conversation.
- A week ago Dustin Luther put out a call for ideas on tools to help real estate professionals in a market downturn. I couldn’t resist giving him a list of some of my favorite free tools. Luther then used that list as the starting point for a podcast that evolved into an incredibly engaging conversation between agents, educators and vendors about who needs to know what about SEO, internet marketing and analytics. Use this conversation to start a conversation about internet marketing within your organization.
These are things you can probably do yourself. Have the courage to give it a go. Or if you’re too busy or anxious about it, call Amanda or me (or your own team). But get your feet wet by reading these posts.
- Joseph Ferrara gives a rundown of the pros and cons of the new Trulia Pro advertising platform. Use this information to decide if you’re ready to market via Trulia.
- Perhaps you read about Gen Y and real estate in USAToday. Well, Bernice Ross at Inman News gives you some practical information to use video to market to Gen X and Gen Y audience (though last I heard, Baby Boomers liked to watch video as well). If you need help getting started, read some of my tips for getting started doing video.
Ok these might make your eyes glaze over. But give them a try anyway. Same as above, when in doubt call in the internet marketing team.
- You’re ready to do some Search Engine Marketing (or maybe you already are). How do you figure out bids and search queries and keywords and all that stuff? Read Alex Cohen’s summary of optimizing your Adwords campaigns to get the best clicks.
- Alright this one is a bit technical but be brave. We all know that this year really will be the year of the localized web (and I get my jetpack by fourth quarter). Here are some experts talking about working your SEO for local search. If you don’t understand the gobbledygook in this article, make sure the person working on your internet marketing does.
I can never get enough of Bad MLS Photo of the Day.