Image by racineur via Flickr
It can’t all be as good and fun and useful as people say. Twitter will not bring about world peace, solve global warming or any of those things. In the interest of providing some balanced discourse, here are some anti-Twitter posts.
- “I’m Over Twitter” by Misha Cornes brings up three significant shortcomings of Twitter. Her summation of Twitter should serve as a warning:
Tweets, if you can consider them personal communications at all, are a declaration of existence rather than an invitation to engage in a conversation.
- Mark from Court’s Internet Marketing School explains why Twitter is Stupid. If you want to read just one post to dissuade you from using Twitter for marketing, this is the one.
- Jeff Brown over at the Bloodhound Blog considers Twitter not worth the effort.
- A. Grey’s ActiveRain posts about why Twitter is no good for Real Estate (i.e. Lead Generation).
- Andy Beard tells us that, for business, Twitter is unethical.
- Marc Davisson of 1000Watt Consulting considers the unvetted nature of Tweets in the journalism and business spheres to be troubling.
- Not strictly naysaying, but Why Twitter is Doomed to Fail certainly points out the big problem with Twitter: all the people using Twitter.
- Ray Wert posts on Jalopnik about why Twitter doesn’t have enough car buyers to warrant the attention of a Ford employee even during the auto bailout discussions etc. Also bemoans an echo-chamber effect surrounding Twitter.
So there you have it. If you aren’t fully dissuaded yet, head visit the Twitter for Business page and find out reasons why you might want to use Twitter as well as tools and examples. Did someone else write a great article on why Twitter is an absolute waste of time? Let me know in the comments, please.