Twitter for Lead Generation
Image via Wikipedia
If your business involves meeting people and selling them your service or product directly, then you can use Twitter to help you locate those people who need your service or product. A classic example of a lead generation business is Real Estate. Here are a few examples of businesspeople using Twitter to generate leads:
- Jeremy Hart at NRVLiving generates real estate leads using Twitter.
- AgentGenius.com let’s us know about Twitter connecting a buyer with an agent before there was even the hint of a transaction.
- Property Minder Blog has a short and sweet piece on closing more sales with Twitter. Includes some best practices for real estate.
- Jay Thompson gives a quick post about how he has generated at least one lead with Twitter.
- Many of the readers of this blog are in real estate. If you’re looking for a few examples of “good behavior” real estate agents to follow (to see how they use Twitter), There’s a list of ten great realtor Twitterers on Tom Carpenter’s blog.
- The Notorious ROB has a quick piece running the numbers on whether Twitter is worthwhile for lead generation. The ensuing comment thread is well worth checking out.
If you’re using Twitter to generate leads, I recommend you also look into the Twitter Tools for Listening page. There you will find reviews of some tools to help you locate people who want or can use what you have to offer. Want more? Head to the complete Twitter for Business page or maybe try Twitter for Reputation Management. Feel free to use the comments to let me know about other good articles for lead generation via Twitter.