Twitter for Customer Service
Image by Martin_Heigan via Flickr
Increasingly, companies are using Twitter to enhance their customer service. Handling customer service in a public environment like Twitter is probably just the next round of transparency. Want to know how good a company’s customer service is? See if they’re on Twitter and what they’re doing there. Here are some articles related to using Twitter for customer service.
- ABC News has an article about using Twitter for customer service in the travel industry. It includes examples from JetBlue, Southwest and several hotels.
- Businessweek has a profile of Frank Eliason, the guy who operates @comcastcares, one of the first and most celebrated customer service + Twitter practitioners.
- Here’s an article describing tactics of using a multiple-person twitter account (useful if you have a team handling customer service).
- The blog of @comcastcares talks about scaling customer service in social media from the point of view of someone who is actually doing this.
- Here’s an article from the New York Times on banks using Twitter.
- A list of brands on twitter, see how they’re doing customer service online with Twitter.
- Web analytics provider, Omniture is using Twitter to provide customer service.
This article is part of the Twitter for Business series. If you like this article, you might find other articles in the series useful. Please let me know about good articles about Twitter that I’m missing.