Happy International Women’s Day! #BreakTheBias
Every year for the month of March we celebrate Women’s History Month. It’s a chance to reflect on how far women have come and what obstacles they’ve both faced and still face today in pursuit of a more equal, inclusive, diverse, and bias-free world. And today, on International Women’s Day, we’re joining in to help #BreakTheBias. This #IWD2022 and every day beyond brings opportunities to strive for a world in which we have gender equality and celebrate our differences by raising awareness, creating conversations, and calling out bias.
To help #BreakTheBias, we want to take a moment to recognize and celebrate some of our incredible Union Street Media team members who have continued to inspire us over the years, as well as some of the amazing women in the real estate industry who’ve led the way to a better future for us all. This list is by no means all encompassing as there are many other talented women at Union Street Media (we’re looking at you Nicole C., Kim, Shannon, Liv, Kate, Megan G., and Van!), in real estate, and in leadership roles to whom we look up and are grateful for their hard work and support.
- Elissa Giroux is our Digital Media and Analytics Manager and is a leader in all things digital and Google Analytics. With decades of experience, Elissa enriches our team with her expertise, encouragement, and positivity.
- Pam Bouffard is our Office Manager and has been working with us longer than any other team member! For years, Pam has been an integral part of supporting the team and our clients – she can do it all and we’re eternally grateful.
- Heather Hinman is our Director of Operations and wears many hats at Union Street Media. She ensures that everything runs smoothly across all departments and also works in the role of HR. Heather is one of the hardest workers around!
- Emily Coble is our Content and SEO Manager and helps elevate our clients’ online presences. She is one of the best go-to resources for everything content, SEO, and digital marketing. We admire her dedication to making sure our clients meet and surpass their goals and couldn’t do it without her.
- Megan Milano is one of our amazing designers, bringing our clients’ brand visions to life and creating high-performing, stunning real estate websites.
- Hālee Bernier is one of our dedicated Digital Success Specialists, ensuring our clients have the proactive advising and ongoing support needed to grow their businesses and achieve their goals.
- Brook Martenis is a Technical Support Specialist, ensuring our platform functions as expected and serving as an invaluable resource to our hundreds of clients.
- Katie Spaeder is our Production and Support Manager, building our teams, processes, and internal tooling to ensure we provide the best customer experience possible.
- Lally Boright is our Product Manager, learning, analyzing, and acting on client and market feedback to guide our product development and deliver the best real estate technology solutions.
- Nicole Thomas is one of our Software Engineers and an API expert. Nicole’s unique sense of humor, commitment to the team, and passion for continuous improvement are just some of the many reasons we love working with her.
- Smara Fournier is our Software Architect, working hard to design and build a cloud native ecosystem that powers our clients’ technology.
- Michael Saunders is the Founder and CEO of Michael Saunders & Company, one of Florida’s top real estate companies. She’s been a legendary leader in the real estate industry for decades, overcoming some tough obstacles to become an international inspiration, with over 700 worldwide partners. Read more about Michael in our interview as part of our Female Founders Series.
- Georgia Perez, Maddie Heye, and Krista Thomsen of MoxiWorks are amazing partners, friends, leaders, and innovators in the PropTech world. So many other Moxians work hard behind the scenes and we appreciate you all!
- Sara Sutachan, Leslie Appleton-Young, and Debra Trappen of WomanUp! An organization dedicated to uplifting women and helping them reach and surpass their career goals in real estate. Learn more about WomanUp! here.
- Our clients, many of whom are women. You are a constant source of inspiration and we’re so lucky to be able to work with you every day.
Thank you to all the women in our lives – from family members, friends, peers, and leaders all around the world! Though we still have a long way to go, today, tomorrow, and everyday is an opportunity to #BreakTheBias and create a more equal and inclusive world.