3 Off-Site Marketing Techniques for Realtors
As a real estate agent, you know how important it is to use your website to gain and nurture leads. However, with the way that the web has evolved, we now have to start thinking about using other channels, as well. Having a well-rounded Internet marketing strategy is important in an age where people look for information about a company via other sites and sources, and not just search engines. Here are some ways to increase brand awareness and business online that don’t involve updating your website:
Creating engaging and interesting videos is a great way to increase business. By setting up a YouTube account, you can easily share company or listing videos not just on YouTube, but on your other social media channels, too. Here are a few action items for using video to market your real estate company:
- Create video tours of your listings (see example video below).
- Film yourself or other members of your company explaining the services you offer and the benefits of working with you.
- Showcase your local area with videos of different towns or neighborhoods.
2. Pay Per Click Advertising
Pay Per Click, or PPC, campaigns are the paid advertisements that appear in the Ads sections at the top or to the right of search engine results pages (see example ad below). You can create ads that target specific keywords and specific geographic areas, and they will only appear when people are searching for something relevant. PPC ads can be very effective because they advertise to people who are actively searching for a product, service, or piece of information that you offer. You only have to pay when the user clicks through to your website. Here’s how to use PPC to drive more traffic to your site:
- Set up a Google AdWords or Bing Ads account.
- Create campaigns targeting real estate in very specific towns or areas, or targeting certain property types.
- Use narrowly focused keywords in each ad group, and direct visitors to the most relevant page on your site.
- If you aren’t comfortable creating ads on your own, contact an Internet marketing professional for assistance.
3. Social Media
People aren’t just looking to a company’s website for information anymore; they’re searching Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other social media channels. By creating engaging social media accounts, you’re opening up opportunities to connect with potential clients and improve your brand’s image. Here are some ways we recommend real estate agents take advantage of social media:
- Post links, images, and videos of your current listings.
- Promote upcoming open houses.
- Connect with users who Like your page by asking questions and replying to their comments.
- Let people know about new listings and price reductions.
For more tips on Internet marketing for real estate agents, read one of these related posts: 10 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Real Estate Listings Pinterest Tips for Brands Tips for Engaging with Your Customers on Google+