This International Women’s Day, #ChooseToChallenge!
Today is International Women’s Day. I believe that when we challenge what we see, we raise awareness, and from awareness comes the opportunity to create a better world. We are proud that at Union Street Media, half of our employees and half of our managers are women. We want to recognize a few Union Street Media team members who have helped us throughout the years and a few women in real estate to whom we are so grateful for their leadership in making our industry, and as a result our world, a better place.
- Anna Glosser is our Director of Business Development & Strategic Accounts. Anna’s intelligence and compassion are an unbeatable force and, when paired with her drive to be the best, have propelled our client services and industry relationships to new heights. Whether on the basketball court or behind her computer, we would never bet against Anna.
- Elissa Giroux is our Digital Media & Analytics Manager and the brain behind our industry leading digital marketing strategies. With decades of experience helping companies navigate the shift to digital, Elissa has been optimizing marketing strategies for Google before Google even existed!
- Smara Fournier is our Senior Software Engineer. Smara is a technology ninja who advises our entire engineering team on software architecture and development best practices. Smara has the rare skill of being able to understand both business and coding and we feel so lucky every day we get to work together.
- Pam Bouffard is our Office Manager extraordinaire. For almost a decade and a half, Pam has supported our team and our clients. There is nothing Pam can’t do and we are forever grateful to her.
- Rachel Allard is our Senior Vice President of Strategy. Rachel is a digital native who has shepherded in six years of accelerated innovation in all areas of Union Street Media. A self proclaimed data nerd, Rachel loves helping our clients easily understand how to grow their business through digital marketing.
- Kenya Burrell-VanWormer, SVP of Diversity Solutions at T3 Sixty and Executive Director of The Real Estate Apprentice Foundation, whose mission is to support underrepresented and underprivileged communities by developing successful real estate careers and creating a more diverse real estate industry. We are in awe of Kenya’s passion, leadership, and drive and are supporters of The Real Estate Apprentice Foundation.
- Pam O’Connor, former CEO of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®. Pam is a legend and for good reason. After creating the largest network for independent brokerages, Pam knows what it takes to succeed. Her advice to women: focus on your strengths, find a void you can fill, and don’t be intimidated. For more, check out our interview with Pam, done as part of our Female Founders series.
- Tracy Campion, founder of Campion and Company. Tracy has been the highest grossing agent in the Boston market for years. She is number 10 on the REALTrends 500 and a long time Union Street Media client. Her work ethic is unmatched and her determination is unstoppable. We’re proud to be part of her team.
- Debra Trappen, Sara Sutachan, and Leslie Appleton-Young of WomanUP! and the California Association of REALTORS®. These three women define what it means to advocate for women every day. Learn more about the movement here!
- Some of the leading women of PropTech, including partners and friends like Georgia Perez, Maddie Heye, and Krista Thomsen of MoxiWorks, and Madeline Hammer of Local Logic.
- Our back office partners at IndiVillage, many of whom are women from rural India.
- Our clients, so many of whom are women. You are true partners and collaborators, and inspire us every day.
Thank you to all of the women in our lives! This year, and every day, may we always #ChooseToChallenge and remember that even on #IWD2021, we still have a lot more work to do to create the world in which we want to live.