Union Street Media is looking for an experienced and motivated Software Engineer to join our team. We’re building a marketing intelligence platform that will help us grow our brand as real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company. If you’re an innovative, self-motivated technologist looking for your next challenge, we want to meet you!
As a Software Engineer, your scrum team will work with internal and external stakeholders to build out a set of reusable platform components that will be used to deliver insights and drive new products and services. You’ll be working with the latest cloud technology to build APIs, data transformations and machine learning algorithms that will power our innovative product suite.
- Design, develop and deploy high-quality software
- Write clean, efficient and testable code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Provide guidance through code reviews and have your own code reviewed by your peers
- Enhance our engineering culture
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS or Azure and with infrastructure as code
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- A passion for data & analytics
- A good understanding of automated testing tools and techniques
- Experience using continuous deployment tools
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Redshift) and semi-structured or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- A good understanding of Agile principles
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
Send résumé and links to open-source code (e.g. github, bitbucket, Google Code, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.