Software Engineer – Web Platform
Union Street Media is looking for an experienced and motivated Software Engineer to join our team. Union Street Media has provided web site and digital marketing services to real estate professionals for over twenty years. We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us build a new CMS platform that will carry us for the next twenty. If you’re an innovative, self motivated technologist looking for your next challenge, we want to meet you!
As a Software Engineer you’ll be working closely with internal and external stakeholders to build the presentation layers for both the front end and admin modules of our content management system. Our CMS will be capable of powering thousands of real estate websites. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively within an autonomous, self-organizing team to iterate through the development lifecycle, deliver continuously, and push peers to strive for continuous improvement.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS or Azure and with infrastructure as code
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- A passion for data & analytics
- A good understanding of automated testing tools and techniques
- Experience using continuous deployment tools
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Redshift) and semi-structured or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with front-end libraries such as React or Vue is a plus
- A good understanding of Agile principles
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree preferred
- Design, develop, test and deploy high-quality software
- Write clean, efficient and testable code
- Mentor other Engineers
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Provide guidance through code reviews and have your own code reviewed by your peers
- Enhance our engineering culture
Schedule: Position is open immediately.
To Apply: email resumes to email@example.com.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer.