Software Engineer II
Union Street Media is looking for an experienced and motivated Software Engineer to join our team. We’re working to grow our brand as real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company by building a suite of cloud-native products and tools to support our growing website and marketing intelligence platforms
About the role
You’ll join a talented and cross-functional team of software engineers responsible for several products, all born in the cloud. You’ll make meaningful contributions by developing products and features needed to support our growing customer base.
With a focus on PaaS systems in the AWS cloud, you’ll learn about the real estate domain and how our products power the best marketing platform in the industry. You’ll be expected to build software that meets our standards for quality and performance and to help us improve our engineering practices.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have experience building and maintaining cloud-based, event-driven systems built with AWS services such as S3, SQS, Lambda, API Gateway, and DynamoDB, and with CI/CD practices and infrastructure as code (AWS CDK, Serverless Framework, AWS CodePipeline).
You should take a craftsmanship approach to software and have a test-driven mindset. You should always be looking for ways to improve as an engineer and as a team member by supporting your teammates, accepting feedback, and promoting a culture of psychological safety.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and build performant cloud-based systems
- Write clean, efficient, and testable code
- Stay up to date on AWS offerings, platform improvements, and emerging cloud-based design patterns
- Advise and mentor team members and other teams on cloud-native best practices
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Provide guidance through code reviews and have your own code reviewed by your peers
- Run point on AWS infrastructure for cloud-based systems
- Work effectively with a cross-functional product team and stakeholders
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a Software Engineer
- Expertise in developing software in the AWS cloud
- Understanding of agile principles
- AWS Developer certification or AWS Solutions Architect certification preferred
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and microservices
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree preferred
About Union Street Media
We’re a tenacious team of talented strategists with extensive experience taking real estate businesses to the next level. We’re growing and want you to grow with us!
Our vision is to be real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company. We provide custom digital marketing solutions and award-winning websites for real estate professionals that are unique in the industry.
Our mission is to connect real estate professionals to their clients through remarkable online experiences that ensure they stand out. Through personalized guidance and innovation, we create relationships that open new doors.
At Union Street Media, we believe in independence, in real and genuine relationships, and that real estate agents are the future. Most importantly, at Union Street Media, you’ll have a voice. We value everyone’s opinion and from company-wide goal-setting to crowdsourcing product ideas, collaboration is in our DNA.
Engineering At Union Street Media
We take our engineering culture seriously and believe that while never perfect, if we work to describe our culture we can improve our culture. As a company, we value ambition, passion, authenticity, quality, collaboration, accountability and curiosity. To us those aren’t just buzzwords – we actually evaluate employees based on those values during the performance cycle
Union Street Media fosters professional growth. Full-time remote/telecommute workers will be considered, although we welcome our colleagues to join us in our office in beautiful Burlington, VT.
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a full-time position
To Apply: Email resumes to email@example.com
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer. Leveraging the diversity of our people and sustaining a culture of inclusion is one of the key pillars of our success as a company. Bringing together people with different disciplines, different backgrounds and experiences, different cultures and from different generations makes us a stronger, better organization. Quite simply, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of thought drives our success.