Senior Software Engineer
At Union Street Media we believe great software is born in the cloud. We strive for agility and believe in hiring great people, and that using the latest tools and tech is just more fun.
Union Street Media has provided web site and digital marketing services to real estate professionals for over a decade. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help us build a platform that will carry us for the next decade. If you’re an innovative, self-motivated technologist looking for your next challenge, we want to meet you!
Our platform will be just that – a dynamic framework where applications are run and developers can create new value streams. For Union Street Media, that means building a set of single-responsibility components, enabling the development of new products. You’ll be working closely with internal and external stakeholders as you work within a scrum team to iterate through the development lifecycle, deliver continuously and push peers to strive for continuous improvement.
- Architect, develop and deploy high-quality software
- Write clean, efficient and testable code
- Be a mentor to other engineers
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Provide guidance through code reviews and have your own code reviewed by your peers
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS or Azure and with infrastructure as code
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- A good understanding of automated testing tools and techniques
- Experience using continuous deployment tools
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Redshift) and semi-structured or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- A good understanding of Agile principles
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Full-time position. Open immediately.
To Apply: Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer