Union Street Media is seeking a talented and energetic Graphic Designer to join our team. Union Street Media is the top real estate digital marketing firm in the country, providing custom digital marketing solutions and high performing websites for independent-minded brokerages throughout the U.S.
The Graphic Designer plays a crucial role in hearing, visualizing and executing our clients’ and the company’s design needs, including, but not limited to, website design, advertising design, marketing collateral creation, branding (ex. logo design), and product and user experience design (ex. wireframes and user flows). The role requires strong communication skills, creativity, attention to detail, and critical thinking to ensure a high standard of quality for all deliverables.
User experience strategy is a mix of art and science. The Graphic Designer is an enthusiastic, critical thinker who understands how to blend technology and art to craft meaningful, effective digital user experiences. Especially as it relates to website, advertising and product design, the Graphic Designer understands consumer behavior, constantly embraces innovation, and is mindful of industry changes, emerging trends and best practices. They make data-driven decisions and clearly and confidently communicate recommendations.
Get in with a great team:
- We’re competent, confident and passionate individuals who are focused on achieving big goals. ● Our proprietary CMS platform and digital marketing services add value to the real estate industry and have the potential to keep growing for years to come.
- You’ll have a voice. At Union Street Media, we value everyone’s opinion.
- Be part of a fun and healthy culture.
- Join a company that provides career growth; we’re growing and want you to grow with us! Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a degree, 5+ years of relevant experience
- Previous internship or experience working directly with customers
- Proficient in current web design theories and technologies
- Master of Adobe CS, including Photoshop
- Understanding of HTML and CSS required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate articulately both verbally and in writing
- An eye for detail and passion for all things digital
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment with emphasis on organization, multi-tasking, professionalism and time management skills
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and share ideas
- A belief in our concept, a strong work ethic and team mentality
- Create fresh, unique website designs for our real estate clients that meet their goals in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while adhering to both the project’s timeline and budget. ● Understand client and internal (USM) goals and work collaboratively to achieve and exceed results. ● Present substantiated design and user experience recommendations that have a direct bearing on lead conversion and website performance.
- Be passionate about great design and maintain a solid understanding of current web design theories and technologies.
- Create new, and improve existing, design themes and layouts.
- Become proficient in responsive design and user experience elements.
- Working with other members of Production, ensure a smooth build and launch of new websites; providing guidance and oversight to ensure the design was built according to client expectations and maintain high quality.
- Work with all members of the USM team to troubleshoot problems.
- Keep skill set up to date with current design and technologies; dedicate sufficient time to skill development as needed.
- Assist with creating marketing collateral and documentation for Union Street Media and clients. ● As needed, develop branding solutions for clients (ex. logo design, style guide/color/theme development, etc.)
- Identify improvements to existing products and services, and opportunities for new products and services. Help position and communicate their value within USM and to clients.
- Work with Engineering on developing product wireframes and designs in accordance with the product scope.
- Help develop and contribute to a positive organizational culture.
- Develop communication plans and documentation as needed, such as for internal training, product development (ex. scopes), client communication, and more.
- Work closely with the sales team to incorporate client (including prospective client) and market feedback into designs.
- Assist the Marketing Operations and Customer Success teams with digital ad creation; create high performing ads that adhere to best practices and meet customer and internal expectations. ● Work on special design projects as needed.
Please apply if you’re a career-minded individual who’s looking for an opportunity to grow and improve with us for the long term. Full-time remote/telecommute workers will be considered, although there’s always room for you in our office in beautiful Burlington, VT. If you’re a person who can embrace and take ownership of a challenge, who wants to join a fast-paced company with a strong strategy for growth and expansion, and who wants to be instrumental in making a powerful web software platform and development team even better, and we want to hear from you.
To Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, LinkedIn profile, and three to five examples of your best work in a PDF format or link to your website or portfolio.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer.