Front End Engineer – Web Platform
Union Street Media is looking for an experienced and motivated Front End Engineer to join our team. Union Street Media has provided web site and digital marketing services to real estate professionals for over 15 years. We’re looking for an experienced front-end Software Engineer to help us build a new CMS platform that will carry us for the next 15. If you’re an innovative, self motivated technologist looking for your next challenge, we want to meet you!
As a Front End Engineer you’ll be working closely with internal and external stakeholders to build the presentation layers for both the front end and admin modules of our proprietary content management system, capable of powering thousands of real estate websites. You’ll be working closely with internal and external stakeholders as you work within an autonomous, self-organizing scrum team to iterate through the development lifecycle, deliver continuously and push peers to strive for continuous improvement.
- Architect, design and build performant web based applications
- Write clean, efficient and testable code
- Advise team members and other teams on technical SEO best practices
- Help to standardize our use of CSS/SASS
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Provide guidance through code reviews and have your own code reviewed by your peers
- Work effectively with a cross functional product team and stakeholders
- Train and mentor other engineers
- Proven experience as a Front End Engineer
- Understanding of Agile principles
- Strong understanding of UX, technical SEO and accessibility best practices
- Extensive experience with CSS/SASS
- Experience with front-end testing tools and with writing unit, functional and e2e tests
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and microservices
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree preferred
Schedule: Position is open immediately.
To Apply: email resumes to email@example.com.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer.