Freelance SEO Specialist
Union Street Media is seeking a creative, self-driven, and detail-oriented Freelance SEO Specialist. Union Street Media is an award-winning real estate digital marketing company, providing high-performing websites and custom digital marketing solutions for real estate professionals, designed to help them grow their business.
The Freelance SEO Specialist is a critical thinker who understands how to execute effective search engine optimization strategies and create engaging digital user experiences based on data analysis. The Freelance SEO Specialist has a strong grasp of SEO best practices, is mindful of industry changes and emerging trends, understands consumer behavior, and adapts quickly to new media. The Freelance SEO Specialist plans, governs, and measures SEO tactics, makes data-driven decisions, and clearly and confidently communicates recommendations to others.
The Freelance SEO Specialist plays a crucial role in executing our clients’ and at times, Union Street Media’s digital marketing strategy, and should have a full grasp of SEO best practices to ensure deliverables meet or exceed goals. The role requires strong communication skills, timeliness, attention to detail, and critical thinking to ensure accuracy and a high standard of quality for all deliverables. The Freelance SEO Specialist is a freelance/contract position reporting to the Content Marketing and SEO Manager.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and execute SEO campaigns for assigned accounts
- Execute tactical SEO work, including tagging/metadata (ex. title tags, meta descriptions, H1 wrappers/header tags, etc.), link building, image optimization, landing page optimization (updating calls to actions, copy, forms, etc.), and more
- Create new web pages in our content management system, such as recommended search (pre-populated listings) pages
- Perform client, keyword, market, and competitor research, at times using third party tools like SpyFu, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, and others
- Ensure compliance with real estate and organic search guidelines, and avoid black hat techniques that would adversely impact SEO performance and our clients’ user experience
- Evaluate large data sets to identify trends, monitor key performance indicators and recommend optimizations; prepare performance reports on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Present substantiated recommendations that have a direct bearing on SEO results, such as domain changes, keyword strategies, page and content creation, and landing page optimization opportunities
- Responsible for performance outcomes
- Understand client and internal goals and work collaboratively to achieve and exceed results
- Stay abreast of new developments and industry changes in organic search and digital content marketing, and translate those into actionable recommendations
- Motivated and able to work independently
- Understanding of, and skilled with, all things digital
- 2+ years of related work experience or internships
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and experience implementing SEO strategies (ex. tagging, link building, UX, content management); basic understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Experience with data and analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; knowledge of analytics and reporting platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of strategy (traffic, engagement, conversions) on client goals
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects, hit tight deliverable timelines, and deliver effective results in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- Experience with digital media strategies such as paid search, display, and social media advertising is a plus
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a freelance/contract position.
To Apply: email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer. Leveraging the diversity of our people and sustaining a culture of inclusion is one of the key pillars of our success as a company. Bringing together people with different disciplines, different backgrounds and experiences, different cultures and from different generations makes us a stronger, better organization. Quite simply, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of thought drives our success.