Director of Operations
At Union Street Media, our strength is the quality with which we deliver leading-edge products and services to our clients, real estate offices and agents. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we’re seeking an experienced Director of Operations to join our highly skilled team. This role includes supervising others, managing projects, monitoring finances and ensuring the successful delivery of contracted products and services. The ideal candidate possesses proven senior management experience in a dynamic setting. Organizational, communication and leadership skills are second to none and a passion for developing solutions that push innovative boundaries is essential. In this role, the Director of Operations will work closely with department managers to strategize and develop long-term plans, as well as manage strategic projects, that usher in new levels of productivity and success at Union Street Media.
Primary objectives of this role:
- Collaborate with leadership and staff to develop performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased profitability.
- Work with managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary and providing direction during their implementation.
- Directly manage operations personnel, such as the Marketing Operations team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for setting and ensuring Union Street Media achieves its profitability targets.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activities and strategic goals.
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Ensure that consistent, efficient workflows are in place, yielding optimal productivity and performance.
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
- Uphold Union Street Media’s policies and standards.
- Lead a team of operations staff with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Find and develop talent; manage, hire and train operations personnel. Conduct performance reviews and provide coaching to direct reports.
- Assist with company-wide human resources initiatives as needed, such as recruiting, interviewing, training and onboarding, performance management and development.
- Manage strategic projects, such as new product rollouts, partnership launches, events, systems integrations and more.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years in a leadership role, managing direct reports
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and people management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands – demonstrated change management capabilities
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased profitability
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Customer service experience and understanding
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance measurement
- Digital marketing, SaaS and/or related technology experience a plus
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a full-time position and based out of our Burlington, VT office.
To Apply: email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer.