Digital Content Strategist
Union Street Media is seeking a creative, self-driven and detail-oriented Digital Content Strategist to join our team. Union Street Media is the top real estate digital marketing firm in the country, providing custom digital marketing solutions and high performing websites for real estate brokers, teams and agents throughout the U.S.
Get in with a great team:
- We’re competent, confident and passionate individuals who are focused on achieving big goals.
- We aspire to be real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company. Our open, data-driven digital marketing platform, and the high performing websites and custom omnichannel digital marketing services it supports, are unique in the industry.
- You’ll have a voice. At Union Street Media, we value everyone’s opinion.
- Be part of a fun and healthy culture.
- Join a company that provides career growth; we’re growing and want you to grow with us!
Content strategy is a mix of art and science. The Digital Content Strategist is an enthusiastic, critical thinker who understands how to blend technology and art to craft meaningful, effective digital user experiences. The Digital Content Strategist understands consumer behavior, adapts quickly to new media, and is mindful of industry changes, emerging trends and best practices. The Digital Content Strategist plans, governs and measures digital content, makes data-driven decisions, and clearly and confidently communicates recommendations to clients.
As a member of our Digital Marketing Services team, the Digital Content Strategist plays a crucial role in executing our client’s digital marketing strategy, providing quality assurance for website and content production, and coordinating with subject matter experts and client and internal stakeholders. Therefore, the role requires strong communication skills, timeliness, attention to detail, and critical thinking to ensure accuracy and a high standard of quality for all deliverables. The Digital Content Strategist reports to the Director of Operations.
- Self-motivated individual
- Understanding of, and passion for, all things digital
- 2+ years of related work experience or internships
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and experience implementing SEO strategies (ex. tagging, link building, UX, content management); basic understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus
- An analytical mind and hunger for data crunching
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable creating original content for clients and making recommendations for their digital content and user experience
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; knowledge of analytics and reporting platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Moat, etc.
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of strategy (traffic, engagement, conversions) on client goals
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects, hit tight deliverable timelines, and deliver effective results in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- Experience with digital media strategies such as paid search, display, and social media advertising a plus
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- A belief in our concept, a strong work ethic and team mentality
- Plan and execute SEO campaigns for assigned accounts, including, but not limited to account setup, strategy development, organization, campaign audit, management and analysis
- Apply SEO expertise to keyword and competitor research, reporting, linking, conversion goals, on-page and off-page optimization, local search, rich media, image and digital asset (ex. blog, social media) optimization, and mobile; responsible for performance outcomes
- Execute tactical SEO work, including tagging/metadata (ex. meta descriptions, H1 wrappers/header tags), content development, link building, citations and more
- Ensure compliance with real estate and organic search guidelines, and avoid black hat techniques that would adversely impact SEO performance and our clients’ user experience
- Evaluate large data sets to identify trends, monitor key performance indicators and recommend optimizations; prepare performance reports on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Present substantiated recommendations that have a direct bearing on SEO results, such as domain changes, keyword strategies and custom page creation
- Understand client and internal (USM) goals and work collaboratively to achieve and exceed results
- Stay abreast of new developments and industry changes in organic search and digital content marketing, and translate those into actionable recommendations
- Plan smart content strategies based on client objectives, client’s current media tactics, and competitors
- Create and optimize digital content, including website, email and blog content
- Assist with creating marketing collateral and documentation for Union Street Media and clients
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a full time position.
To Apply: Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer