As a key member of Union Street Media’s sales department, the Account Executive is primarily responsible for cultivating relationships and generating new clients for Union Street Media, typically through selling our leading digital marketing services and other related products (websites, videos, etc.). The Account Executive will also be responsible for implementing processes and strategies that shorten the sales lifecycle and increase adoption within our existing markets. The ideal Account Executive is a highly motivated, persistent, results driven, critical thinker and problem solver, who understands how to translate complex concepts into plain English and is undeterred by “no”.
Get in with a great team:
- We’re competent, confident and passionate individuals who are focused on achieving big goals.
- We’re the #1 real estate digital marketing company. Our digital marketing services and proprietary website platform add value to the real estate industry and have the potential to keep growing for years to come.
- You’ll have a voice. At Union Street Media, we value everyone’s opinion.
- Be part of a fun and healthy culture.
- Join a company that provides career growth; we’re growing and want you to grow with us!
As part of a larger team, the Account Executive will work closely with Account Strategists (inside sales) and our Customer Success team to suggest ways to increase product adoption, customer retention and drive new revenue. Collaboration with the entire sales team on how to more efficiently bring in new customers, upsell existing customers and close deals are also essential. With the real estate digital marketing and technology industry growing exponentially, there is no shortage of opportunity to make this a long and lasting career choice in a fast-paced, friendly and family-like atmosphere.
Due to the nature of the real estate industry, this is not a “9 to 5” gig: you’ll be expected to adjust your schedule to meet with clients as fits their schedule, including traveling in person to meet with clients and attend industry events.
Primary functions & responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota for products and services; responsible for prospecting potential Union Street Media customers and closing new business.
- Nurture and close inbound sales leads.
- Communicate with potential Union Street Media customers through phone, email, video conference calls, tradeshows, and in-person meetings.
- Identify and share improvements to existing products and services, and opportunities for new products and services.
- Collaborate with Customer Success team to increase customer retention and product adoption.
- Generate sales opportunities and proposals in our CRM software, Salesforce.
- Negotiate contracts and close sales opportunities by creatively seeking out ways to close opportunities.
- Maintain lead, contact and account data in Union Street Media’s internal CRM.
- Generate detailed sales notes after a contract is sold to ensure a smooth customer journey.
- Provide insight and guidance on market and industry trends to internal teams.
- Manage relationships and expectations with potential Union Street Media customers. Build strong rapport with prospective clients and act as a Customer Champion. Maintain a continuous focus on the customer and the customer experience.
- Motivated with a strong work ethic and a passion for sales.
- Tenacious with an unwillingness to accept no as an answer.
- Proven ability to empathize and understand customer emotions and their wants and needs, especially when those needs are unknown or unclear.
- Goal oriented and self-driven.
- Tolerant of ambiguity, able to chart a path forward in a changing environment.
- Experienced in establishing rapport and building strong relationships with a wide array of personalities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of managing difficult situations, with an ability to exceed client expectations.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo.
- Experience selling digital advertising or real estate is preferred.
Compensation: Base salary plus commission. Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a full-time position.
To Apply: Email your resume, a cover letter and your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer.